Cloud backup is the use of a network of remote servers hosted on the internet to store, manage and process data, rather than a local server or personal computer. In more basic terms, it’s a way to automatically backup all of your important data onto the internet to protect against losing your important documents.
Why you should backup
Trusting physical backup to protect all of your important documents is dangerous. You might think your computer, phone or tablet is reliable, but in reality, it’s not. Everything fails, just think of what you could lose if it happens to you. Family videos, photos, financial documents, business emails and anything else you have would be lost forever. You might think it’s not going to happen to you, but why take the chance? Not to mention he average cost of down time and data loss is $159,331 per year.
What devices to backup
Everything from your computer and laptop to your tablet, phone and even your IPod should be backed up to ensure the safety of your important documents.
Benefits of cloud backup
- Data protection: Cloud backup assures your data is recoverable and protected.
- Save money: With cloud backup there is no need to buy or install expensive equipment and you won’t have to spend thousands on data recovery if a disaster happens.
- Speedy recovery: Cloud backup recovery systems instantly recover and restore data.
Different types of data backup
Back Bay Networks offers a range of customizable backup options to help protect against data loss. Here are a few of the options available to you:
- Local Backup – import files onto an external hard drive each time a new document is created
- Offsite Backup – Automatic backup managed by Back Bay Networks
- Cloud Backup – Automatically backup files to the internet
Don’t rush your decision, ask an expert
The biggest mistake we see is small businesses making hasty and uneducated cloud backup decisions. Don’t make this mistake, call us and set up a free onsite consultation. We will come to you, review your current infrastructure and IT needs and give you a free quote and advice on which data backup solution is best for you.